Add to Google

In lu of my last post.

Well as for the rep hold routine. This is not so much for cutting, but rather shear muscle stamina and strength building.
Think about this for instance:
The longer you hold something, the harder it becomes, yes? Just like the part in the movie Punisher, when the evil son of the bad boss is told to hold a mine in his hand. The mine only weighting about 7 lbs, although over a prolonged period of time becomes seemingly more heavy. Hence he eventually drops the weight in his efforts to stay alive.

Something else to try:
Look at stamina core training. This makes the most sense to me. I don't care how many sit-ups I can do, rather how long I can hold a sustained position. I do what in the exercise fitness world calls a plank.
Plank: Core training routine where the user sustains a position much like a push-up for 30-60 seconds.
However a modified positions using either weight or a Swiss ball to preform a harder variation of this routine.

Planks are by far, not over rated, rather overlooked. I see so many gym users who don't try these its insane. Guaranteed core strength in about 2 weeks from doing these. You may not get your six pack this way, however you will get plenty of strength.
Which do you prefer?
Colby

No comments:

HardCore Training

Powered By Blogger
Google Groups
Subscribe to Part Time Bloggers
Email:
Visit this group
If you enjoy what I write, please donate if you wish! 10% of every dollar goes to a charity fund Samaritans Feet, www.samaritansfeet.org
 
Copyright Colby Butler 2008 All Rights Reserved